LAST EDITED ON Jun-22-08 AT 03:48 AM (CST)
A list of studies which are recruiting volunteers:
SMALL SCALE/LOCAL STUDIES
1) Seattle, Washington
University of Washington (click on current studies): http://depts.washington.edu/herpes/
6 different HSV studies including
- at-home swabbing
- discordant couples
- hospitalization study where you stay overnight in the hospital for 5 days and they analyze your body's response to the ob while on acyclovir ($500 compensation)
2) Antigenics therapeutic hsv vaccine Phase I trial of ag707: http://www.antigenic.com/trials/open/40001/
Chapel Hill, NC
Requires 3 visits over 28 weeks
3)BufferGel Microbicide as a contraceptive
4) Famvir swabbing study
needs: People (age 18+) w/GHSV2 diagnosed by blood test
to studying the use of Famvir in reducing shedding
If you take part, you will receive study-related care, including physical examinations, laboratory tests and study medications at no cost. Financial compensation for time and travel may also be available.
To learn more, please call:
Westover Heights Clinic
1) Multiple studies listed nationwide: http://www.clinicaltrials.gov/
Enter keywords like "herpes", "microbicide", "herpes vaccine", "cold sore", "vaginal infections", "HPV"
2) Multiple studies listed nationwide: www.centerwatch.com
3) Nationwide Valtrex study: http://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct/show/NCT00158860?order=1
Study of Valtrex in suppressing hsv2 in those who are newly diagnosed.
4) Nationwide Valtrex study:
Study of Valtrex on shedding of hsv2
4) NIH study database: http://clinicalstudies.info.nih.gov/
5) Herpevac Study Preventative Herpes Vaccine study
Female volunteers needed wothout hsv1 or hsv2 to test the GSK preventative hasv vaccine
6) Westover Heights Clinic wants your blood...
...if you received a borderline hsv2 blood test result
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
7)Have you had gsv2 for 10 years or more?
Do you want to know if you shed? Westover Heights is accepting names of people who are interested in participating in their at-home shedding study. If you have had ghsv2 for at least 10 years and are interested in participating in this study, send an email or private message to grace or me.
grace email: http://www.racoon.com/grace/
muffin email: http://www.racoon.com/muffin/
They are allowing only 33 people to do the at-home portion of this study. You will get feedback about your personal shedding experience. This is a fabulous opportunity!
If you participate in a study or simply contact a facility to learn more about a study, please share your experience and what you learn. We'd love to hear about it!
muffin ~ GHSV1 since 1986
Anyone who has sex is at
risk for getting herpes.
muffin through the years...
Paragraphs are a wonderful